Re: [security] What's being done?

On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 10:38:40AM +1100, Daniel Stone wrote:
> Considering that an upload hasn't been made to rectify this root hole,
> why hasn't something else been done about it - regular or security NMU?
> One would think that this is definitely serious.

I saw this recently...

From: Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>
To: debian-changes@lists.debian.org
Subject: Installed glibc 2.1.3-20 (i386 sparc source all)
[...]
Date: Wed,  9 Jan 2002 01:34:56 -0500
Source: glibc
[...]
Architecture: source all sparc i386
Version: 2.1.3-20
[...]
Changes:
 glibc (2.1.3-20) stable; urgency=high
 .
   * Glob security patch.

Is that what you are looking for?

> Oh and BTW, Slackware released an update today. Without trolling, I can
> say that I was honestly surprised to note that Debian, a distro with
> ~850 developers and a dedicated security team, is behind Slackware on
> security issues.

Ben is merely behind with updating the BTS, by the looks of it...

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.