Re: serious bug. Evolution and Microsoft mentality.

On Sat 12 Jan 2002, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 01:12:37PM +1100, Steve Kowalik wrote:
> > At 10:30 am, Saturday, January 12 2002, Rob Bradford mumbled:
> > > I'm now a happy evolution user, to converyt my mail i did cat
> > > Mail/lists/* | cat /var/spool/mail/rob
> > >
> > Congratulations, you get today's "Most Useless Use Of cat" award. Plague,
> > and LART will be forthcoming.
>
> If you're going to be a pedant, so am I.

Of course, Steve *is* right.

cat Mail/lists/* | cat /var/spool/mail/rob

The first cat up to and including the pipe is totally useless, the way
it's written. Of course, Rob probably meant a > after the second cat,
in which case the pipe and the second cat is superfluous.

Paul Slootman