problem with debconf and start-stop-daemon

I'm currently working on adding debconf to quota. Well in fact Torsten
Lnadschoff did that and send me the patch. However, during my tests I found
a strange problem.

In quota.postinst rpc.quotad is started using start-stop-daemon. This works
as longs as I know the package. Now it doesn't anymore. That is the daemon
is correctly started but quota.postinst does not return anymore. It remains
defunc until I kill rpc.rquotad. As soon as I comment out the line
. /usr/share/debconf/confmodule
all works well again.

Since I do not know much about debconf I'm not seeing the reason but I
suppose it should be pretty simple or else other packages wouldn't work
either. Any idea?

Michael

--
Michael Meskes