Re: IBM "Key alliances" ?

On Wed, 2002-01-09 at 23:54, Adam Majer wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 06:50:49PM +0100, Eric Van Buggenhaut wrote:
> > There's more, if you replace the RH system they pre-install, you're
> > losing the warranty on the hardware.
>
> Where does it say that? IMHO, that would be _very_ stupid on IBM's part.

speaking not as someone who has worked for IBM, but as someone who owns
a thinkpad that has been serviced.  When its been serviced, I take out
the hard drive, and ship the rest back to them, and they ship the fixed
laptop back to me, and I stick the hard drive back in.

yes, they probably don't "support" debian, if you have problems with the
software, that won't come under your warrenty, but they don't care what
OS you run otherwise.  My thinkpad runs debian and has been serviced.