Re: prism2 driver package anyone ?

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 11:41:59PM +0100, Rene Mayrhofer wrote:
> Hi Bastiaan,

[...]

> > You can find everything you need here:
> > http://people.ssh.com/jkm/Prism2/
> >
> > I have compiled the driver on my laptop and it seems to work fine (did
> > not actually test networking though, that would require swapping PC
> > intestins).
> If I understand the web page correctly, it is mainly a user-space
> software and a stand-alone kernel module that can be compiled when the
> kernel source is available, but does not need a patched kernel tree.
> Therefore it would be very easy if there was a Debian package for the
> user-space software and a package containing the module source code
> (ready for being automatically compiled with make-kpkg).

I use my laptop with a wireless prism2 pcmcia card. I indeed need 2
parts, the kernel module as you describe it (needs the kernel headers
to compile) and user-space tools.

Not sure what you're talking about but I think the user-space program
you're talking about is wireless-tools which has already entered
Debian.

Does this answer your question ?

--
Eric VAN BUGGENHAUT     "Hay tampones y tampones..." (Eva Serrano)
			Andago