Re: ITP: libtar - c library for manipulating tar archives

On Tue, 8 Jan 2002 22:19:13 -0800
"Yves Arrouye" <yves@realnames.com> wrote:

> > e.g. The definition of the age field in -version-info
> > current:revision:age
> >
> > age
> > The difference between the newest and oldest interfaces that this
> > library implements. In other words, the library implements all the
> > interface numbers in the range from number current - age to current.
>
> Age indicates how many revisions of the library have been upwards
> compatible. If you are at revision 7 and still have all the interfaces
from> revision 6 unchanged, and 6 had the same for 5, and ... 4 for 3,
then age is> 7 - 3 = 4.

I see what your saying, but dont you mean current instead of revision ?

So age should always be >= 0 and <= current.

Glenn