Re: Stop it

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 08:51:10PM -0600, Pete Kohl wrote:
>    The debian page comes up on my computer when I try to access
>    www.gunsamerica.com on the web. I have never even heard of debian and do
>    not want it to keep interfering with my web browsing.

it doesn't. Contact administartor of that server and tell him his
server is misconfigured.  Debian is a voluntary project and bears no
responsibility for administrators who misconfigure their systems.

>    Does this have
>    something to do with me suddenly getting denied access to www.gunsamerica
>    web site with something called a type 45 denial of access stating that the
>    credentials that I provided are not acceptable. What credentials? I don't
>    think I ever gave any credentials to anyone.

I belleive this should be adressed to Microsoft, because it is their
software which is giving you cryptic and vague errormessage.

>Can you fix the problem and
>    make your page go away or at least explain why the interference was
>    installed on me and what can I do to fix it?

It wasn't.  to make page go away contact administrator and ask him to
correctly configure his server.

Sorry if  this sounds a bit rude, it is not intended to be interpreted so.
This email adress is for discussion of developing further the
operating system, and a lot of busy people read this list.

--
	GPG key-id: 1024D/DF04A255                 Dmitriy
	AA16 8FAB 74E1 3511 83D0  9F4B F087 CEC9 DF04 A255