Re: Lilo Upgrade Bug

    Russell> Bug 121341 filed against LILO should be release critical
    Russell> too as I believe it may break things on upgrade from
    Russell> Potato for some people.

    Russell> However I can't reproduce it, and neither can joey now...

The bug report seems to imply that the bug occurs when upgrading from
21.7 to 22.1:

Reading boot sector from /dev/hda
Merging with /boot/boot.b
Fatal: First boot sector is version 21.7. Expecting version 22.1.

However stable only seems to have version 21.4.

Maybe upgrading from 21.4 is OK?

Also, the above code seems to read the boot sector (v21.7) and merges
it with /boot/boot.b (v22.1). Is this normal?

Have you tried downgrading the boot sector to an old version again,
and upgrading?
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>