Re: [2001-11-29] Freeze Update

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 01:02:06AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Additionally, in the next few days, boot-floppies, standard, and tasks
> are expected to get into releaseable state (ie, no RC bugs). After
> December 9th, standard packages (or packages in tasks) which've been
> dropped from woody won't be reinstated. Please make sure that there's
> a releasable version of your package in either woody or sid (or both)
> by that date (complies with current policy, builds on all architectures,
> doesn't have known RC bugs, has been given a few day's testing to ensure
> that if there were some RC bugs that they would be known, etc). Current

Just to clarify two points:

1) Uploads will still be permitted during the freeze period for such
standard and task packages if they're no-new-code, just-fixing-bugs?
Just like an Old-Style Freeze (tm)??

2) crypto: I maintain balsa, which is in a task package, so I'm
letting 1.2.3 stabilise and hopefully make it into testing (no reason
it shouldn't, AFAIK).

However, if the crypto-into-main thing is finalised, will I be allowed
to upload an ssl version?  The only change would be adding
--enable-ssl to the configure line, and a version which supports APOP
and secure IMAP will be much more useful to most users, I imagine.

Jules