Re: fam-oss

NO no no no! :)
Imon, what SGI pushed, is what dnotify does and dnotify does it better.
There are patches for use of dnotify, which I'm compiling with.  Secondly,
you CAN use it without the kernel layer, but it relies on polling the
filesystem to find out info.  It's a touch more slower in the
implimentations that I've seen.

		-James Moss