Re: Debian GNU/w32, may ready to be started?

    Craig> Ben Pfaff wrote:
    >>
    >> Last I heard, RMS really hates the moniker "win32" because it
    >> has the string "win" in it, implying that there's something
    >> winning about Windows.  I suspect he'd like w32 better than
    >> win32 for what that's worth.

    Craig> During Emacs 20 development, rms insisted on changing all
    Craig> the elisp win32-* variables to w32-* for precisely that
    Craig> reason, so it seems he's happy with w32.

 The similar debate occured on the xemacs-beta mailing list.  They
 stuck with "win32", IIRC, since that's the symbol name used in the
 Microsoft world.  They, of course, _like_ to have the string "win" in
 there.  It's tell US to win. ;-)

--
I was Linux when Linux wasn't cool.