Re: Debian GNU/w32, may ready to be started?

On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 12:30:29AM -0500, Shaya Potter wrote:
> It's no problem running Debian on Microsoft Windows.  One can link with
> any dll's that are part of an OS (there can be a Debian GNU/Solaris if
> one wanted to make a whole addon for solaris).  One doesn't have to
> justify it by saying "there are free implementation of windows)

That's true for GPL-licensed programs. Is it true for all DFSG-free licenses?

Further, the GPL allows that as an exception because in the past there
were no free kernels. These days that is no longer the case. The license
may allow it but that doesn't mean we should do it.

Hamish