sgml -> html gnobo.html not building any more?

Since moving to docbook-utils and company "db2html gnobog.sgml" will not
build the main document gnobog.html any more and since I'm no docbook guru
I don't have a clue why. There are no errors nor any warnings. Can anybody
point me in the right direction (go and start informing yourself about
docbook tpo ;-). The gnobog.sgml doc is as follows:

<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN"[
<!entity gnobogversion "0.4.2">
<!entity docversion "0.1">
<!entity introduction SYSTEM "introduction.sgml">
<!entity gettingstarted SYSTEM "gettingstarted.sgml">
<!entity editing SYSTEM "editing.sgml">
<!entity browsing SYSTEM "browsing.sgml">
<!entity dnd SYSTEM "dnd.sgml">
<!entity hints SYSTEM "hints.sgml">
<!entity moreinfo SYSTEM "moreinfo.sgml">
]>
<!-- DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//GNOME//DTD DocBook PNG Variant V1.1//EN"[ -->

<book id="gnobog">
 <title>Gnobog User's Guide</title>
[...and so on...]
</book>

<!-- Keep this comment at the end of the file
Local variables:
mode: sgml
sgml-omittag:t
sgml-shorttag:t