Re: Proposal: Virtual package motif, motif-dev

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 09:38:06AM +0100, Tille, Andreas wrote:
> I don´t mind about the name of the beast and I fully agree with your
> argument.  The real question is whether it would make sense to have such
> a virtuel package at all, if it only works for Build-Depends and there
> is no real binary compatibility.

In this case it doesn't make sense to Debian.  Anybody who has different
needs (eg compilation with motif) can just ignore the build dependencies if
he knows what he does (this doesn't even have anything to do with
free/non-free).

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de