Re: LinuxPPC on PB3400: does any version work?

> Regarding the space and arrow keys: I have tried many ways to fix that, the
> only way that worked for me was upgrading XFree to version 4.1.99.1-1b. Just
> after upgrading XFree, my problems with space and arrow keys was solved like
> magic! :)
>
> You can find XFree-4.1.99-1b rpms in http://linuxppc.org
> The Intructions about how upgrade XFree can be found in
> http://www.rapierbit.org/linux/xfree86.html
> Also, in http://lists.linuxppc.org/linuxppc-user/200110/msg00060.html, I am
> posting a solution about how to make XFree run with more than 8 bits colors.

How did you get XFree-4.1.99-1b installed on LinuxPPC 2000 Q4 ?...

I have tried the RPMS. They tell me I need GLIBC_2.2 ... So I went and got
glibc_2.2.4 ... Glibc told me it had several conflicts with other versions
of glibc. When I did a force install on it, it broke my linux with an error
"Fatal: kernel too old" I reloaded the older glibc from the rpms on the CD.
So off I went to get the 2.4 kernel. When I load the 2.4 kernel, it freezes
on a message that the IDE driver failed.

The 2.4 kernel I tried was from
/users/kfukui/kernel-2.4.x-Ben/kernel-UNI-CPU

Also, I looked at your info on running XFree with more then 8 bits. Just
thought the 3400 users who still use the default installation can change
/etc/X11/xdm/Xservers to add "-depth 16" before the :0 display number. I'm
not sure if this will work with 4.1 as seen above ;)

Mathew