ht://dig and pdf parsing

Hi,

I recently took over the htdig debian package and now I'm going
through all outstanding bugs. Four bugs (#107504, #64385, #67341,
#102981) are related to the parsing and indexing of PDF files.

Problem is that the path to the acroread reader is compiled in at
build time. If the program can't find the reader, it complains.

The way I see it, there are two alternatives;
- Make htdig depend on the non-free acroread package and use the used
  path in that package at compile time. This means that htdig goed
  into contrib.
- Remove all pdf support from htdig

I can imagine, this is not the first time this comes up. Is there any
consensus about this kind of problems?

Thanks,

Stijn.