Re: Gphone

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 11:31:10PM +0100, Thomas Deselaers wrote:
> > The gphone package hasnt had a new upstream version in over a year.
> > Roland Dreier (the upstream maintainer) doesnt have time to work on it
> > anymore, and agrees that the packge probably shouldnt be in debian in
> > its current state.  Unless someone has an objection, I will ask for it
> > to be removed from the archive.
> >
> I do have an objection. I use this program frequently and it is great. It is
> a lightweight voice-over-ip-tool which even people with very few computer
> skills can use. Also it works absolutely reliable for me.

I can't understand why we should remove software that is not
currently developed if it works. And I can't see any bugs against
gphone. If it's useful and doesn't create troubles, I think we should
keep it.

--
Christian Surchi, csurchi@debian.org, christian@firenze.linux.it |   ICQ
www.debian.org - www.softwarelibero.it - www.firenze.linux.it    | 38374818