Re: debian-devel task?

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 03:28:44PM +0100, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:
> In sid, the debian-devel task (which in potato included things like
> lintian, dpkg-dev, debhelper, etc) is no longer there. It probably
> disappeared when the new tasksel ws implemented.
> Could we please reintroduce this task?

The changelog for tasksel 1.3-2 said:

    - Killed debian-dev(el) task, since it does not meet our task criteria
      -- nowhere near 10% of debian users are debian developers (we hope!),
      and probably not enough regular users will use this package to make
      up the difference. This is my own package, so I'm willing to be
      persuaded otherwise, though..

I wouldn't mind seeing a meta-package return to the archive, though.