Re: Freeze Update [2001/11/19]

    >> procmail's is a fake bug to keep the unstable version from
    >> going into testing.

    Bas> Can't we invent a tag for this, so that we can just do "tag +
    Bas> fake" or something?

Just curious: Under the current situation, with procmail 3.15.2 in
testing and 3.21 is unstable, what would happen if procmail 3.15.3 was
released that fixed a grave bug in 3.15.2.

Would it be possible to install version 3.15.3 directly to testing, or
would you have to hack the version numbers in such a way that it goes
to unstable first, and then to testing?

Maybe it would be better to upload such software in experimental
rather then unstable, eliminating problems with future uploads to
testing, until at least testing has been released?
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>