Re: www-browsers: graphic or text? (general and particular discussion)

Next time I ask fow www-browser,
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2001/debian-devel-200104/msg00300.html>
I was answered that they should be handled by MIME-type,
like everything else. It is sure the thing to do but does
www-browsers in woody register MIME-type ? They don't in potato.
Relevant MIME type is, I believe, x-url/http, which isn't in /etc/mime.types
on woody...(at least on my machine)

I would really like something to be done. The code of e.g. dhelp for
selecting a browser is not the way to go.

To answer your problem:
graphic browsers should register x-url/http-graphics but not text one.
This make possible to discriminate.

Regards,

--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>