Re: lintian and (non-)conffiles in /etc

From: "Sean 'Shaleh' Perry" <shalehperry@home.com>
Subject: Re: lintian and (non-)conffiles in /etc
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 19:53:34 -0800 (PST)

> Policy does not require files in /etc to be marked as conffiles.  When I

Agreed.  Then don't you think that the lintian' message is
inappropriate?

> As Ben says, policy may not require it but practice is backing it up.

It might be so.  But if we think of practical aspect then
there are delicate problems...

I didn't inspect such issue yet so I could not say much
but, at least, maintainers want/need to replace conffiles
if there are such substantial changes to them in version up,

Best regards,			2001.11.13

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.