Re: www-browsers: graphic or text? (general and particular discussion)

On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 03:08:47AM +0100, Christian Surchi wrote:
> [Please respect my Mail-Followup-To:, I'm subscribed to this list :)]
>
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 06:06:00PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> > It sounds like we have a reason for a new virtual package, perhaps
> > "graphical-www-browser".  Someone appropriate should make a proposal
> > for debian-policy.
>
> I wanted to discuss about it, just to understand if there are problems
> with my proposal.

If want to generate the conf file on install, then what about just asking the user if he/she wants to use a graphical www browser with your
package? I would have default set to No [IMHO, that would not interfere with any browser]. I think that would be easier than making a new
virtual package. What do you thing?

 - Adam