Re: python>=2.1 issues

* Svante Signell <svante.signell@telia.com> [011109 17:19]:
> Hi,
>
> After upgraing to python 2.1 and 2.2 in unstable, and removing python
> 1.5 packages some packages does not re-install as they should due to
> dependency issues. Is it advisble to file bugs for the packages
> causing the problems?
>
> # apt-cache show lyx
> Version: 1.1.6fix3-2
> Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.3-7), libforms0.89, libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2 (>= 1:2.95.4-0.010810), xlibs (>> 4.1.0),python

LyX is being conflicted in the python package, I've asked about that and
was told that this conflict will be removed and received an incomplete
explanation, something about non-version dependency.

To the best of my knowledge LyX only needs python 1.5.2 and since it's
the minimum version everywhere there is no real reason to do any
dependency.

Baruch

p.s. while I'm not the maintainer I'm helping the Jules (the real
maintainer) with the package as I'm also one of the upstream authors.