Re: ITP: zisofs-tools -- Builds compressed ISOs

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 05:18:37PM +0000, Edward Betts wrote:
> Oh, Linux-specific extension, not as interested now.
> If somebody made crypto ISO fs, with transparent access I would be more
> interested.

If this ZISOFS code forks gzip in userspace to do the decompression, it
would probably be pretty easy to develop the above.

Or, with the advent of the kernel-i patches, maybe you could do it in
kernel space anyway.  This would indeed rate high in the cool factor.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     It's not a matter of alienating
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     authors.  They have every right to