Re: wonderful day! (2 FHS transitions complete in one upgrade)

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:
> As of my latest upgrade to unstable, this laptop has now completed the
> /var/lib/games -> /var/games transition, flawlessly. I took a look at
> /usr/doc and aside from one broken python symlink (bug filed) and one
> directory from a non-debian, proprietary .deb, it is composed of nothing
> but symlinks.
[...]
> We're currently near the end of step 2. I hope that not long after woody
> is released, base-files's postinst will be set to delete all symlinks in
> /usr/doc, move any directories that might somehow remain to
> /usr/share/doc, and link /usr/share/doc to /usr/doc.
[...]

More good news, just FYI: potato's release notes said that it was
possible to have a symlink /usr/doc --> /usr/share/doc without any
real problems (only _warnings_).

I have used this symlink almost since potato's release and really had
almost no problems with it. I only triggered two bugs with it (and
both were in woody not in potato), 114922 (already fixed) and 113999.
          cu andreas
--
Hey, da ist ein Ballonautomat auf der Toilette!
Echelon: sex violence tower XXX Boom human rights Islam Kate Winslet