Re: ITP: xtradius -- Free radius server implementation.

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 10:54:49AM +0200, Marco Nenciarini wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm a debian developer, and I made a debian package for xtradius.
>
> This is the Intent To Package I have sent to Debian Bug Tracking System
>
> Any comments/suggestions are appreciated.
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Marco Nenciarini <mnencia@debian.org> -----

> From: Marco Nenciarini <mnencia@debian.org>
> To: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit@bugs.debian.org>
> Subject: ITP: xtradius -- Free radius server implementation.
> Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 08:40:36 +0000
>   using "From" header
>
> Package: wnpp
> Version: N/A; reported 2001-10-05
> Severity: wishlist
>
> * Package name    : xtradius
>   Version         : 1.1-pre2
>   Upstream Author : Natalino Piccone <npicone@xtradius.com>
> * URL             : http://www.xtradius.com
> * License         : GPL
>   Description     : Free radius server implementation.
>
> XtRadius is a free radius server implementation. The main feature is that
> it can handle user accounting and authentication information via external
> fully configurable scripts.
>
> The Radius server is based on Cistron Radius 1.6.4. You can write script to
> make you own auth and/or accounting routines without having to patch the
> main server.
>
> Communication between XtRadius server and external scripts can be made
> using command line parameters or via environment variables.
>
> -- System Information
> Debian Release: testing/unstable
> Architecture: i386
> Kernel: Linux sealord 2.4.9-686 #1 Sun Aug 19 10:46:52 EST 2001 i686
> Locale: LANG=C, LC_CTYPE=C
>
> ----- End forwarded message -----

You should conflict all current RADIUS servers, which are

radius-livingston
yardradius
radius-cistron

This is not strictly needed if you provide the same binaries 'radiusd'
Anyway notify me when done in order to check yardradius package
installation.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine