Re: lvm bug ?

Hello,
* Robert van der Meulen <rvdm@cistron.nl> [010821 18:59]:

> Quoting Ulrich Wiederhold (U.Wiederhold@gmx.net):
> > * Jan Niehusmann <jan@debian.org> [010821 17:42]:
> > > Wouldn't then S35mountall.sh fail to mount all volumes, because
> > > the lvm volumes are not yet available?
> > No, I think not. The mount of the lvm volumes fails, but the rest is
> > still on reiserfs, xfs and ext2, that needn?t lvm.
> Actually he's right; all other filesystems can't be mounted before the lvm
> volumes are available, but the / filesystem needs to be RW to be able to
> create the lvmtab stuff.
> I don't know if remounting / rw, initialising lvm, and remounting it ro is
> evil (i think so) - the other solution would be to copy mountall.sh's
> behavior in the lvm script; that sounds evil as well.
> Any ideas, anyone ?

Another thing I don´t know much about is devfs. Don´t forget the
dependance to between devfs and lvm if there is any.
I would prefer to run the lvm script just before the mountall.sh script.

Another idea, how solve other distris this problem, could anybody look
at RedHat, Suse, Mandrake ???

Uli

--
'The box said, 'Requires Windows 95 or better', so i installed Linux - TKK 5