Re: support for multilingual Packages files?

From: Radovan Garabik <garabik@melkor.dnp.fmph.uniba.sk>

> Or let's say default encoding of README.Debian is utf-8, and you use
> -*- coding: ascii; -*- as the first line for your packages. Well...
> since ascii is a subset of UTF-8, you even need not to use the line :-)

Why all this fuss about defaults? Look at the README.Debian for
display-dhammapada. It's in UTF-8, and a little note notifies people. (Same
reason as you would - upstream author is Lithuanian.) It works fine without
any default, and until such time as a large number of people use UTF-8, I
don't find that default useful.

I also tried UTF-8 for the manpage, but that isn't working very well . . .
(I probably ought to go back and play around with it until it works; right
now the upstream author is Richard 'epas.)

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"The pig -- belongs -- to _all_ mankind!" - Invader Zim