Re: support for multilingual Packages files?

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Sam Couter wrote:

>Radovan Garabik <garabik@melkor.dnp.fmph.uniba.sk> wrote:
>>
>> And besides... proper English _does_ have diacritics (naive being the most
>> often cited example, Pokemon perhaps more familiar today), just
>> those ignorant Americans <duck, run> do not realize it.
>
>Those words aren't originally English. They're adopted/adapted from other
>languages. English uses the Roman alphabet, 26 letters only. In proper
>English, the funny marks over the vowels all disappear.

cooperate: most "oo"'s that aren't originally diphthongs are really
supposed to have the diacritic over the second "o".  This tells you when
you have to throw in the glottal stop.  This got dropped from mandatory
usage in the great vowel shift, but it is considered "proper" english no
less.

--
Armageddon means never having to say you're sorry.