Re: [users] Re: Time to fight for our beloved DEB format!

On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 04:07:15PM -0500, Pete Harlan wrote:
> So if Debian wants to define its runlevels differently than the
> standard, then it just has to adjust its LSB-install program to
> translate from one LSB runlevel to its local runlevel, and install the
> link in whatever directory it wants.

Oh, my...  That's a sweet idea and a great compromise, all in one.  Plus,
with the right settings available for the runlevel mappings, I could see
it being even more flexible than the current system if it's applied to
all packages instead of just LSB packages.  I like it!