Re: support for multilingual Packages files?

Radovan Garabik <garabik@melkor.dnp.fmph.uniba.sk> writes:

> this is just a "get along" system, before utf-8 is universally
> accepted and all major issues solved

I encourage people who think that Unicode is the be-all-end-all
solution to read the following message from the Guile user mailing
lists, which came about during a discussion of string representation:

<URL:http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/guile-user/2001-May/001198.html>

I'm a person who pretty much lives in an ASCII world, but I find the
problems in multilingualization/internationalization very interesting.