Re: real LSB compliance

 Christopher> Manoj Srivastava writes:

 >> This is not as good a solution as engaging the whole group by
 >> gating proposal on the lsb lists to -devel and -policy. That way it
 >> would be far more likely that the project stands by the decisions --
 >> or that the LSB knows about sticking points early. We would need
 >> people to move discussions to the Debian lists, and feed back
 >> comments to the lsb lists.

 Christopher> Anyone is free to propose changes/additions by just
 Christopher> mailing to the lsb-discuss or lsb-spec lists and they
 Christopher> are just as likely to cc debian-devel as all the other
 Christopher> distro specific discussion lists (meaning not likely).

	I did not mean that random proposers would also CC a myriad of
 mailing lists and contact addresses, no. I was assuming, however, as
 evidenced by the presence of LSB folks on  Debian discussion list,
 that there is a modicum of interest in engaging the Debian project
 more deeply in the LSB effort -- and asking for volunteers from
 Debian to keep the mother ship apprised of events on the LSB lists
 would help. (BTW, my subscription application that went out 4 days
 ago seem to have disappeared into limbo, and I am beginning to get
 concerned).

	Since this discussion _is_ happening on a Debian list; I am
 proposing Debian specific solutions, and this is as much for the fire
 breathing proponents of the LSB in this forum to go beyond words and
 collectively undertake to provide this gateway. (I mean, Ted _did_
 ask how things could be improved).

 Christopher> I'm happy to forward on announcements of specification
 Christopher> releases to debian-devel and debian-policy (if this
 Christopher> appropriate).

	*Before* the release is set in stone, I hope?

 Christopher> I don't think that its possible to do this with each
 Christopher> individual change to the specification. It probably
 Christopher> requires an experienced debian developer or developers
 Christopher> to pass on discussions which will be of wider interest.

	Indeed. I did not mean that the non-Debian LSB folks should
 have this on their plate as well.

	manoj
--
 Blore's Razor: Given a choice between two theories, take the one
 which is funnier.