Storage (8*IDE HDs) any experiences?

Hi all

I notice there are these new-fangled motherboards with 2*ATA-100 and
2*ATA-33 ports. With 75GB disks, that baby should give us 600GB of raw
disk space (8 drives) at around $2K US. Sounds attractive, considering
that el-cheapo RAID boxes of similar capacity are around $10K.

Anyone runs [Debian] Linux on an 8-drive box like that? Is that
supported at all? Any gotchas I should know about? The mobo I'm looking
at is ABIT BH6-II.

TIA
Dima
--