depricating libgmp2

Libgmp2 is basicly a rotting pile of junk. There is no upstream
maintainer, and any actual bugs found there are all fixed in the new,
maintained, libgmp3.

I'm getting tired of having to drag this lump along every time I make a
policy driven change to libgmp3. (see current bugs on libgmp2)

I don't know of a single package that requires libgmp2 over libgmp3, and
the current packaging allows only one -dev package, so the transition is
seamless to the dependent packages.

If there is someone out there who just has to have this package, I would
love it if you would take over the package. Otherwise I'm ready to retire
this package.

Can anyone suggest a reason I should NOT remove libgmp2?

Waiting is,

Dwarf
--
_-_-_-_-_-   Author of "Dwarf's Guide to Debian GNU/Linux"  _-_-_-_-_-_-