Re: sensible-browser and sensible-image-viewer

On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 11:38:24PM -0700, Alexander Hvostov wrote:
> What _really_ needs to be done (in my opinion) is to write a convenient script
> like update-mime to edit ~/.mailcap and ~/.mime.types. Then there's no need for
> this environment variable.

Yes, I agree that debian lacks a configuration system for users. Some
tools to configure locale setting and mime support would be great.
The idea of the environment variable  is to permit per application
configuration (you may not want the same viewer for every application.).
However there are probably better ways to achieve this than environment
variable.

Regards,

--
Bill <allomber@math.u-bordeaux.fr>