Re: testing is broken

Wichert Akkerman <wichert@cistron.nl> writes:

> Previously Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> > Yes, so let's fix it!
>
> No, apt-get was meant as a debuging tool, not as a full frontend
> to libapt. You need the full interface for a frontend to properly
> do an upgrade, there are too many options for a simple command-line
> tool unless you want it to have more options then gcc and ls.

Oh geez, that's crazy!  apt-get is a pretty darn good frontend right
now.  It lacks only the ability to notice Suggests, and I already
posted a perfectly good extension of that interface.  There are things
apt-get doesn't do real well, but a simple command-line tool actually
already does 90% of the job.