Re: ITP: gnometv -- a Gnome TV/teletext viewer

Hi,

Quoting Joseph Carter (knghtbrd@debian.org):
> Does it cope with a tiny panel?  Some badly behaved applets such as the
> one for xmms do not.
It even works with 'ultra tiny' ;)

> > I didn't get gnometv to do fullscreen, xawtv does do that.
> Ahh, that's critical for me.  Too bad.  =(
I'll just start xawtv in fullscreen mode when i need fullscreen ;) - this is
kind of useful for the TV-next-to-irc thing.
I think there is a serious lacking-of-good-tv-applications-for-gnome ;(

> > I wanted to modify xawtv to have a interface, and then found gnometv - in
> > my opinion xawtv is ugly and not-userfriendly..
> I won't argue, xawtv is just awful.  Its keyboard interface is okay, even
> perhaps pretty good.  But its menu, OSD, and capture features are really
> very frustrating.
I agree completely. although i kind of fancy the green dot-matrix channel
names in fullscreen mode ;)

> > gnometv has some bugs (the userfriendlyness of the channel settings, which i
> > consider bad enough to be a bug - and some other weird bug; when switching
> > to a different desktop and back, gnometv doesn't 'remember' its window
> > position, and positions itself on the initial coordinates (which is
> > annoying).
> Have you tried it with different window managers?  Sometimes that matters
> with some apps.
Not yet.. i use window maker, haven't gotten round to installing a different
window manager yet.
I made the package though - if you (or somebody else ofcourse ;) ) want to
try them, they're on http://www.wiretrip.org/debian/ .)

Greets,
	Robert
--
			      Linux Generation
	  Reality is a cop-out for people who can't handle drugs.