Re: ITP: libmpeg3 -- an mpeg audio and video decoding library

> >  It still doesn't clash because this libmpeg3 package's binaries have to
> >  be called libmpeg3<something else here> according to policy.  That is,
> >  I hope the soname is not just libmpeg3.so but libmpeg3.so.n, which
> >  gives libmpeg3n as the binary name, or preferrably libmpeg3-n.
>
> Does that fly with everyone else then?
>
> My slightly-modified plans, then, are to package libmpeg3 as the
> following:
>
> libmpeg3-dev [0]
> libmpeg3-$MAJORVERSION
>
> If I don't hear any objections, I'll proceed this way.

Again I say that if your going to do this then libmpeg1 needs to be renamed.

it still clash's from a package name standpoint...yes the actual libraries
might not, but the package does.

so you need to work it out with the libmpeg1 maintainer on how your going
to deal with this.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II