Re: nautilus1.0 in woody...

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 01:22:45AM +0100, Jan-Hendrik Palic wrote:
> Hi @ all...
>
> I wanted to install nautilus on my woody- system.
>
> But apt-get install nautilus gives me this:
>
> gromitt:~# apt-get install nautilus
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done

> [ apt-get complaining... ]
>
> Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
> nautilus: Depends: gconf (>= 0.50) but it is not installable
>           Depends: libgconf11 (>= 0.50) but it is not going to be installed
>
> [ .. etc etc .. ]
>
> What can I do to fix this? Is this a bug?

I've run into a similar problem installing KDE2 packages on potato systems
(sorry, am not running a woody box ATM).  I found that going into dselect and
selecting the package took care of the problem, most likely with its
dependency handling stuff -- I'm not an expert on dselect.

Does anyone know what actually causes this?  I was under the impression that if
you had unmet dependencies that apt-get would automatically select and install
them as well, or am I thinking about this the wrong way?

--
Adam VanderHook
acidos@users.sourceforge.net