Re: ssh on unstable not working (plea for help :)

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, An Thi-Nguyen Le wrote:

> Or libc6.  But that's just my opinion, after seeing netstat segfault on
> name lookup of ipv6 addresses -- and in particular, ssh/sshd (OpenSSH on
> Debian) uses ipv6 by default.

It is certainly libc :| I've found bugs before in older libc's about how
it resolves names when there is the possibilitiy of having an IPv6 result.
I suspect this specific case is caused by a buggy upstream name server and
(possibly correct?) early aborting with libc6.

You will likely have the same problem with all programs that use
getaddrinfo :|

Jason