Re: Possibly quite a few bugs?

On Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 12:24:32AM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 03:57:17PM -0500, Gordon Sadler wrote:
> > Sorry for all the ruckus. It did indeed appear to be 'proper' to me, but
> > I can pinpoint a very specific example that lead to my investigation:
> >
> > /var/lib/dpkg/info/realtimebattle.prerm
> > #!/bin/sh
> > # Prerm
> >
> > case "$1" in
> >   remove|upgrade|deconfigure)
> >     install-info --quiet --remove /usr/info/realtimebattle.info
> >   ;;
> >
> >   failed-upgrade)
> >   ;;
> >
> >   *)
> >      echo "prerm called with unknown argument \`$1'" >&2
> >      exit 0
>        ~~~~~~
> >   ;;
> > esac
<SNIP much of my own cruft>
> > Everything looks fine, right? Note if this package is purged or removed,
> > neither of the Automatically added lines will exec. The only indication I
> > could find as to why not, lead to me believe the quotes were not parsed
> > correctly.
>
> Notice the underlined `exit 0' above. It will cause the whole script to
> exit, not just the case statement as one might think.
>
> > Good quotes or bad, this package and any others formed this way will not
> > exec the Automatically added portions on remove or purge on my machine.
>
> Please file a bug against it/them to get the `exit 0' line removed.

Thanks for your time, now I know the cause I can indeed go back looking
for scripts with that behavior.
My initial post was one of concern. I didn't actually think every script
I mentioned was bugged, but it sure appeared that way here.

Again just trying to help out, will look over it all again and file
bugs against relevant packages.

Gordon Sadler