When unstable breaks

Hello people,

Since the current problems with glibc I start thinking, wouldn't
it be a good idea that when such a problem is noticed, the
server goes in a state of "I don't give (some) package because
something is messed up" until the problem is fixed? It would
include modifying apt (and dpkg, am not sure) so that when someone
tries to upgrade they know they should wait for a while?
Not all people are subscribed to the mailing list so the "damage"
is reduced to a minimum.

Mzzl Joost (de enige echte)