Re: Security of Debian SuX0r?

Bob Bernstein <poobah@ruptured-duck.com> writes:

> So there's a warning? At least MD5 *can* be implemented at install-time. Why
> doesn't he mention that Caldera for one doesn't even offer MD5 as an _option_
> at install-time? Next:

What Caldera do doesn't matter at all. Neither does it matter what
anyone else does. Debian should just be a reliable (securitywise)
distibution which is safe to use if you not clueless.

I've just helped a friend instaling Debian. He had two comment
about the above question. Is it the red or blue button there is
active? It is badly marked which button you are about the press.

The other comment is something about the wording of two of the
questions. The firste question was saying something like "Do you want
to keep the standard (less secure) option" and the next question said
"Would you use the new (more secure) option". If the user just thinks
that he wants the most secure box but not really reading precisly what
it says he will say "no" to both questions. (That was what we did).

I don't really remember which questions it was, but I'm almost sure
one of them was the MD5 password question.

--
Peter