Re: Progeny Linux Systems Announces Progeny Debian Beta One

Roland Bauerschmidt wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 04:38:45PM -0500, Jeff Licquia wrote:
> >  - Debconf-ization of many packages.
> >
> >  - A GNOME front end to debconf.
> >
> >  - Our task selection tool, gtasksel, which can be used to install and
> >    remove package sets cleanly.
>
> Will those features be included in the "real" Debian distribution?

Progeny should be able to answer that better, but Progeny
does have a different attitude compared to other derivatives
of Debian and I believe that they do intend to support the
original distribution in every way possible.

At any rate, the licenses should be DFSG compliant since
Bruce Perens and Ian Murdock are involved!

I think our literary hero Branden can give a thorough explication
of the matter.

Congratulations to Progeny!! These are all long awaited features!

Thanks,

--
Eray (exa) Ozkural
e-mail: erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr