Re: root file system

>Well, silly person, you either need to put /var/spool/mail on its own
>partition, or configure your MTA to reject all mails from Eray.

It's interesting that your surmise was correct on the pentium but not on
the athalon. However, on both the mailbox was very small. Also, as a
remedy I tried pointing my mailbox at another another file and I'm still
rejecting mail. Here is an ls -l of the directory.

chalcogenide/var/spool/mail>ls -l
total 2
drwxrwxrwt    2 root     mail         1024 Oct 27 17:47 ./
drwxr-xr-x   11 root     root         1024 Jun  4 08:57 ../
lrwxrwxrwx    1 edwardsa root           32 Oct 25 16:58 edwardsa ->
/home/edwardsa/edwardsa/edwardsa

Silly and still perplexed.

--
Arthur H. Edwards