colorgcc: colorgcc screws up configure (was: Re: I think I'm going mad ...)

Package: colorgcc
Version: 1.3.2-4
Severity: high

Debian Release: 2.2
Kernel Version: Linux my-box 2.2.17cii1 #3 Sun Sep 24 13:26:36 CEST 2000 i586 unknown

Versions of the packages colorgcc depends on:
ii  bash           2.03-6         The GNU Bourne Again SHell
ii  libansicolor-p 1.01-1         ANSI Color interface for Perl
ii  perl-5.005     5.005.03-7.1   Larry Wall's Practical Extracting and Report
        ^^^ (Provides virtual package perl5)

On Sat, 28 Oct 2000, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn wrote:
> > Because of some misterious reason, my system gor screwed up. I'm trying
> > to build the new ethereal version, but fail. Configure tells me I don't
> > have libpcap installed:
>
> Check config.log for details on why that test is failing.

The log is full of these errors.

  ./config.log:/bin/bash: top_srcdir: command not found
  ./config.log:/bin/bash: top_srcdir: command not found
  ./config.log:/bin/bash: top_srcdir: command not found

Now, I've been looking through the script but I can't seem to be able to
figure out how that blasted $(top_srcdir) gets its value. Being quite
new at this, I feel a bit lost.

YES! YES! YES!

Now I found it!!! The problem seems to be COLORGCC.

It looks like configure (which uses gcc to do it's tests) can't cope
with colorgcc (which is a gcc wrapper) or colorgcc is screwing up.

Cheers,
Cristian

--
Be careful, life will kill you.