Re: Xalan-J and Regexp

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 11:00:27PM +0200, Stefan Gybas wrote:
> Aaron Brashears wrote:
> > I need to use these for work, so I'd be happy to start
> > packaging them if no one has adopted them.
>
> Please go ahead but if possible also package IBM's BSF and some "modules"
> for BSF like Rhino from Mozilla. The standard Xerces package is some kind
> of limited without BSF.

I'll make sure I can do it, and post an ITP when it looks
feasible. There are a few strange outstanding issues like having
deal with ant as a make tool.

I checked debian-legal archives and found a note that someone
thought the IBM public license doesn't meet the DFS guidelines
since it forbids reselling products made under that license for a
profit. However, since Xalan doesn't depend on it, it should allow
Xalan to be in main while BSF is in contrib.