Re: Comments on FHS testsuite run

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 11:41:10AM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
> > This standard isn't actually going to make us run rwhod and nis by
> > default, is it?
>
> I hope not.
>
> Perhaps we should have a task package for FHS-compliance, which
> depends on every program or service the standard considers "required",
> but we do not want to make "standard" in the dselect sense (i.e. priority
> standard or higher).

Since there would be only a handful of people who would actually want to
install this[1], it seems a bit unnecessary. The FHS people should maintain the
list of packages they need for testing Debian systems, anyway.

[1] Task packages are shortcuts for `I want to install a web server!' people
-- I don't imagine any end-user would really say `I want to install whatever
necessary so that I can test if my system is compliant with a standard'.
It would be useful for suit(tm)-types, though :)