Re: Avifile package

out of curiousity, has anyone checked out the xmps cvs tree?  it has avifile stuff built in,
without half of the cruft avifile has.. hopefully without the licensing issues, as well.  from
what little i've looked through the source, it has wine/avifile's dll loader stuff, some mpg123
code (which i assume is not new), and other stuff.  is there anything that would make this not
a valid option for those of us wanting an avi player in a debian package?

of course, it didn't actually _work_ on my computer.. but one thing at a time, i suppose ;)

--
"... being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited
by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when