Re: Maybe ITP: linuxtips - "Tip of the day"-Message-Viewer.

On Wednesday 25 October 2000 08:59, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, Daniel Migowski wrote:
> > But before putting someone off, I will place the tips in /usr/share/tips.
>
> And please think about i18n.  May be /usr/share/tips/<country_code> is
> searched according to appropriate environment settings.  May be we
> should write a fortune wrapper which calls the real fortune binary with
> this functionality.

I don't know much about i18n, but AFAIK the only thing that matters is the
LANG-environment-variable. I suggest to have subdirs named like defined in
ISO 639.
Then we could strip the first two letters from the LANG-Variable, and see, if
there's a subdir there like that, and then choose tips from the subdir and
the maindir 50% each time, if nothing else is given to the commandline.

As i said, I will wrap this around fortune.

Daniel Migowski